Friday, October 23, 2009

Names



So I feel like I have got some direction about names this week. I have been frustrated with trying to come up with a name for this instrumental project. After a lot of thought and time spent in a thesaurus and brief web search I thought that I would name the record "Resound". I also figured that my artist name would simply be my name. So on that basis I started this blog. Well the following day. I decided to type in Resound Project in the little Google search bar and found this Resound "downtown music project" an amazing local project..... Here!..... In OKC! What are the odds?!!....... Classic! So I continued my search by typing in Christopher Clark. Well it turns out there are quite a few artists under that same name as well.

Insert lots of frustration!

I almost deleted the blog all together....

So after a couple weeks of thinking through all this, here is what I have come up with

My artist name will officially be:

Sunrise Over Cemeteries.

My Studio name will be (not in stone):

Resound Studio

The Record title is still to be decided.


I will post soon about the inspiration behind name Sunrise Over Cemeteries.

One a more exciting note. It is a tremendous honor to announce that Sunrise Over Cemeteries will be opening for Zach Payne and Brad Kilman on November 6th. Brad Kilman had released a new record, "Mouths Like Trumpets" and this is the official "release show".

More info to come.

1 comment:

Candace said...

That show wouldn't happen to be in Reno would it???? or possibly happening during the time I am visiting...those would be great odds =) Love you Brother and I am soooo excited to see you doing what you LOVE!