Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Lets Build.



Renting a space just doesn't feel like the right thing to do at this time. Taking on more monthly expense doesn't fit the budget and besides the money would just be lost to somebody else. So....I am good with my hands. I can build things. I can paint things. It would be nice to work from home. Lets build a studio at home! I can purchase materials and build gradually...a sort of one wall, one door at a time concept.

Materials Cost: $2,500-$3,000

Material List:

80 Studs
40 Sheets of Drywall
2 Solid Core Doors
1 Tubular Skylight
100 sqft. of Laminate Wood Flooring
50 ft. of Base
80 ft. of Casing
2 Light Fixtures
4 8" Glass Blocks
Fiber Glass Roll Out Insulation
Screws
Nails
Lots of other small things I have not thought of yet.


Things to be excited about:

The first time being able to set up my drum kit to practice on a regular basis since High School. (10 years)

The opportunity to record my music on a regular basis.

The opportunity to record Emery's music!

The potential to start taking on students. (drums/viola/violin)

My boys getting to grow up with a music room.

The potential to take on more recording projects.



It's rainy today......man it would be a great day to start building.

5 comments:

jaime cochran said...

let's do it

buffalocreative said...

You are flippin' rad. Enjoyed the Sam Adams you gave me the other night. Wished you were there... our fams need to hang soon.
r

Candace said...

YEAH!!!! Do it....that would be so much fun!

Andrea Terry said...

So are you building a 10x10 in your garage or are you adding onto your house? Either way, it sounds awesome!

Christopher Clark said...

Andrea, this would be inside of the garage. We agree, this would be really awesome!