Thursday, September 3, 2009

The "Resound" Project

There are moments in life when lots of little things happen to come together just right. You know; a great book, followed by a great movie, followed by a sermon at church, followed by a new record, followed by amazing conversations, that all seem to have the same message. Then all those little things, like small pieces to a puzzle, start to work themselves together. Before you know it your looking at something BIG.

This is one of those seasons for me.

Now for some, the thought of recording an Album may not seem like such a BIG thing. For others it may seem larger than life. For me however, it is simply humbling. There has been this small whisper of a voice in my soul for quite some time now that has encouraged hours upon hours of writing and recording music that has rarely left my computer. It has been a hobby to me, a way to explore a gifting. Something I enjoy doing in my spare time, and by spare time I mean when I decide to stay up late into the wee hours of the morning. I never really thought anything of the music that was coming out of me...and to be honest I still don't.

Well, to be to the point, the small whispering voice has become a sort of clamoring loud voice, and instead of leading me off to my private world of creating melody and rhythm, it asking me to share this music with at least my local community if not the wider world. My faith leads me to believe this is God's voice. A voice manifest through my friends, family, and community. Over the past six months I have had a few opportunities to play some of this music for people. Some at the local church I attend and others in living rooms of friends and family. Every time, there has been an overwhelming response from those whom I have shared it with. The response has always been,

Them:"Do you have any CD's?!?"

Me: "No...."

Them:"What?? Why Not!?!"

Them: "You NEED to record this stuff! I will pay you!!"

Me: " I know, I know...okay."


So this is it. I am going to do it! I will do my best to write and record an instrumental project that reflects truth and beauty at its core. I will embark on this journey over the next several weeks and months in hope that it may cause people to pause, consider, and reflect on the truths and beauty that surround us daily. I will do this because I don't want to ask the question later in life, "what if I would have....." In turn I hope this will inspire others to pursue the whispering voice or the loud clamor inside there heart. I would love for this to be a shared process for a community of people. All are welcome! Lets journey together. Lets discover what lies beneath the surface of our hearts. If we decided to go deeper, what would happen?

"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."
proverbs 27:17

6 comments:

jaime cochran said...

it's about freaking time yo!!

Unknown said...

all I can say is YES!!!!!!!!!!! I am overwhelmed with joy to know that you are pursuing this! It will tremendously bless so many people, and i pray that the LORD will tremendously bless and change you in the process of going after your dreams (the dream's that HE has given you!-prov 37:4)and being obedient! i'm SO excited!

IndianaJones said...

looking forward to following along. I remember on Emery's blog hearing a short video of you playing, I think it was violin...anyway...it gave me chills which does not happen often...so I too am excited to see what this brings.

Anonymous said...

chris...this is amazing! love it! So proud of you for persueing your dreams, that takes a lot of courage. keep on bro, its a blessing to all who hear it!
Beka (hope and Jo's mom)

Just Jiff said...

I think it takes great courage and bravery to embark on an adventure that follows your heart and your dreams. May God bless you and fulfill you along the way to keep you focused and energized.

I can't wait to see how it all goes!

Anonymous said...

I KNEW YOU WERE AMAZING:) CANT WAIT TO HEAR THE END RESULT.. YOU ARE BOLD AND BRAVE TO ENDEAVOR. INSPIRATION. I SO LOVE TO SEE THE LORD WORKING IN YOU AND EMORY'S LIFE. IT BLEEDS OUT OF THE WORDS I READ. PRAISE GOD! DAELYNN