Monday, September 7, 2009

The beginnings



This clip was taken during a spring evening thunderstorm in my living room among my dearest of friends and my wife. This event has been a strong reference point in my heart for this project.

The evening began with dinner and great conversation with friends. Friends that we have shared our lives with over the past 8 years. After dinner we all sat down in the living room and welcomed in a good ole Oklahoma spring storm. We opened all the doors and windows, turned off all the lights, and lit some candles. Something inspired me to offer to play some of the music I had been writing. It was most likely my good friend Cameron who has always had a way of calling me out to pursue my giftings. Anyhow, I got my laptop, plugged a few things in to an amplifier, and played. Afterward we all sat quietly for a long time, with out feeling the need to talk or move on. We just took it all in. The dinner, the conversation, the storm, the music, the life we were all sharing.

It changed me.

11 comments:

Candace said...

Every time I hear you play the viola....it brings tears to my eyes. You are AMAZINGLY talented brother....I LOVE YOU and MISS you oh so much!

Casey said...

Chris, Bro! This was awesome! Not just the music, but your description of the evening, how things just sort of fall into place and that you were able to capture that and enjoy it.

Daniel said...

Excited to hear this. You need anything at all, let me know.

Bluebelle said...

Wow, this is exciting, lovely playing! I followed the link from Emery Jo's blog, glad she shared this!

Amy said...

got the link from Emery, love the music!
Amy H.

Andrea Terry said...

This is so awesome, Chris! I'm stoked for you :)

IndianaJones said...

And there it is! Love this.

Catherine Peart said...

Wow, that is really beautiful. I look forward to buying a CD!

stina said...

i am stoked.
[i read your wife's blog and have listened to her music and yours for a while, found you through lakes]

Sarah said...

That was amazing. I'm sure I'll be buying your cd all the way in NJ one day!

Just Jiff said...

It sounds professionally done, so I'm very impressed!

Keep it coming. Spread your heart, joy, and talent to the world. :)