Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Progress

So there has been some significant progress made in the construction of the studio. I finely finished the framing......after taking apart several walls because I goofed the spacing of the studs. Lesson learned. Always double check for 16" center on the top AND bottom plates....oh and frame your windows in before you you raise the wall.... After framing, I installed one layer of 1/2 inch black tar impregnated sheathing to the top and out side walls and then a layer of 1/2 sheet rock with silicone in between. After all that I nailed some outlet boxes up and some light boxes....and called in some reinforcement.


Sheet Rock and Silicone on the Outside!


Entrance with place for the "In Session" Light above.


Shedding some light on the inside.

Watch and learn.

This is me with my Grandpa Tom who recently moved to OKC from Freedom Maine. My heart was filled with joy to be able to share in working on a project like this with him. He is an amazing guy! He was gracious enough to walk me through the wiring process for the power and lights. We will be adding two new circuits dedicated to the studio to our existing fuse box. One for all the lights and the office equipment and the other for gear and instruments. Today we knocked out wiring all the lights and outlets. When I get the sheet rock up on the inside we will make the runs from the attic to the breaker box. Thanks G-pa Tom!!!!


Okay Chris, run this wire to that light box.


....now tack the wires in place so they are nice and neat.


We make a great team.

3 comments:

angel said...

you are doing a great job...Logan wishes he were there to help.

Candace said...

I am jealous.....how fun to spend time with Grandpa Tom! It is looking great....can't wait to see the finished product and maybe play some music too =)

milemarker114 said...

It looks so good man. I cannot wait to hang out in there and get some lessons on the drums.